The Wuhan Coronavirus situation is evolving fast, creating considerable challenges to the China national health system and causing disruptions to supply chain operations. Our China Management team is closely following the situation and working on different scenarios with two priorities at heart:
- Guaranteeing the health and safety of our employees and their families
- Limiting to the minimum the impact on our customers’ supply chain.
As of today, here is the latest update on the situation:
- China Central Government has announced the extension of the Chinese New Year holiday until February 2nd. However, municipalities including Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi, Hangzhou, Ningbo as well as Guangzhou and Shenzhen have already announced a further extension and compulsory closure of companies up to February 10th. It is anticipated that other provinces may follow the same direction. We shall communicate any update on daily basis.
- Based on the above constraints, NTG Air & Ocean China is currently planning a return to work in compliance with government guidelines while activating Business Continuity plans (BCP) on remote operations management.
- Port, airports, rail and China customs are still operating as per normal in this holiday period (except Wuhan that remain largely locked down). However, congestion is expected due to the limited number of trailers available. Detailed SOP per mode of transport will be communicated in the coming days.
We encourage you to be in touch with your respective sales or customer service representatives in order to address any specific enquiry you may have.
We will of course continue to keep you updated as situation evolves and will do our utmost to minimize the impact to your business.